Hathaway Brown School, area hospital systems and other recognized sponsors will host an event Saturday with an equal emphasis on healthy living and fun.
The Girls' Health Fest takes place from 8:30 a.m. to noon at HB. The event is billed as a "fun-filled, action-packed, educational health and wellness conference for adolescent and pre-adolescent girls and their parents," according to the school.
The event is free and open to girls, grades four through eight, from HB and schools throughout Greater Cleveland.
Liz Ferro, founder of Girls with Sole, a Rocky River, fitness-based nonprofit organization, will be the keynote speaker. Next, the young participants will spend the day in a variety of workshops that touch on fitness, nutrition, wellness and mental health. Parents are encouraged to attend.
Here is the day's schedule:
- 8:30-9:00 - Registration and check-in
- 9:00-9:15 - Let’s Get Movin’: Spark! Warm up activities with HB faculty & staff
- 9:15-9:50 - Keynote speaker: Liz Ferro, Girls with Sole
- 10:00-10:30 - Brain Power workshop of choice
- 10:40-11:10 - Move It! Workshop of your choice
- 11:15-11:40 - "Make and Take" Healthy Snack with UH Executive Chef, John Selick; Fun Fact card; Partner Parade in the Atrium
- 11:45-12:00 - Closing & Dismissal
Following the Brain Power workshop, the girls can attend their top three choices of programs aimed fourth through sixth graders and students in grades seven and eight.
Registration for the event is necessary. Click here to register.
Email Frannie Foltz at email@example.com with additional questions.