Five (Cell-Phone-Less) Ways to Pass the Time on Richmond Road
Summer construction leaves drivers stuck in traffic and makes it tempting to pick up that phone, but soon that will get you ticketed. We offer some alternatives.
The City of Beachwood is working to improve Richmond Road for the 100,000 drivers who come to the city every day, but that means that for the next several weeks, traffic snarls are commonplace.
It can be tempting to text a friend, make a call or check your email or Facebook while you're waiting for the bottleneck to clear. But not only is distracted driving dangerous, soon, police will begin ticketing drivers for using phones with their hands.
So, in an effort to help you out, we brainstormed a few suggestions to keep your fingers off those touch screens during the worst rush hours. Add your own to the comments!
- Sing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen a capella all the way through. That's six minutes, gone! Come on, we both know you know every word.
- Reminisce about the last time you visited New York and marveled at the traffic but it didn't matter because you were walking everywhere. Vow to get a bicycle.
- Go ahead, get the remainders of your lunch out of your teeth. You don't know that guy in the car next to you. He wants to do the same thing.
- Set your clock radio ahead five minutes. You'll be early to everything! (Editor's note: this really should only be done once.)
- Roll down the window and make friends with the guy in the car next to you. Unless, of course, you just did #2.